Over the weekend, we celebrated National Pet Day.
If you’re a pet owner, you know there’s not a day that goes by that you don’t celebrate your animal companion! So, hug your dog or cat as you do every day because we know that this animal makes you happy — and that’s not all.
Over the years, there has been significant research pointing to the fact that having a pet can have significant physical and mental benefits of having a pet. It turns out that not only can pets steal our hearts.
Approximately 50% of Welcome Home’s current tenants have pets, however we ensure that those
Finding the right tenant for your property is important and there are a lot of factors that go into the decision process. Here are a few things you should ask when renting to a tenant with pets:
- What type of pet do you have?
- How long have you owned your pet?
- Are you able to provide a letter from your vet confirming your pet is healthy?
- Can you provide a written reference for your pet from a current landlord?
- Does your pet have any behavioral or medical problems? If so, what training or treatment are you using?
- Who cares for your pet if you’re away for vacation or during a medical emergency?
- Can you pay a pet security deposit if asked?
- Is your pet housetrained?
- How much time does your pet spend alone each day?
This list of questions will help you feel more comfortable finding the right fit for your rental and help make that process easier.